Extension cell works in coordination
Extension activities are “Institute’s citizenship” and promote positive social and environmental change. Extension activities are not charity or mere donations. It’s a way of imparting education, by which institute visibly contributes to the social good. With this thought our objectives are as follows for the Extension cell:
Impact of such activities on students is mainly:
- Awareness regarding health related issues, issues faced by villagers and by underprivileged section of society
- Development of overall persona and a good human being along with professional degree.
- Working as a team while carrying out such activities through the mentioned number of students :
1.Extension Cell of College (30 students)
2.NSS Unit of College (50 students)
3.APGA unit of College (30 students)
Major extension activities include:
- Awareness regarding disease like: Diabetes, Cancer, Thalassemia (through Datri Stem Cell Registry, Pune, Division), Menstrual hygiene awareness creation activity.
- Youth Day celebration/ Yoga Day celebration
- AIDS related work with Manavya , an NGO working towards upliftment of AIDS affected children
- Women empowerment programmes (organization of Seva Fair for the sale of products prepared by underprivileged section of society along with Seva Sahayog NGO,Pune
- Work with Kirloskar Vasundhara International Film Festival(KVIFF) which combines film screenings and allied activities related to environment.
- Gender Sensitization related activities by organizing such programmes based on the subject.
- Activities related to particular need of the hour, like our work with Sohum Trust during Corona Pandemic for underprivileged people on streets.