Sport has the capacity to transform the lives of individuals. It bolsters physical, Psychological, emotional, and social well-being and development. At the same time sport plays a significant role in cultures and communities around the world. These factors alone justify investment in sports programming. But there is also a growing understanding that sports programs merit support because they are powerful vehicles for achieving broader goals, particularly in advancing development and peace agendas.
Recently, though, an international movement has taken root that recognizes that sport does not have to compete with other development priorities but can instead be a powerful means for addressing them.
The Transformational Power of Sport
Both formal studies and a wealth of anecdotal evidence have demonstrated that Participation in sport has countless benefits for individuals. Among the most obvious positive outcomes are improvements in physical health, such as weight control, strength building, increased flexibility, enhanced coordination and motor skills, improved cardiovascular health, and pain reduction. People who are physically active often tend to develop healthier lifestyles and better eating habits. A second, but no less important, beneficial aspect of sport is the impact that it has on psychological and emotional healing and well-being. Sport provides a positive outlet for stress and aggression. Participation in sport can help alleviate depression or anxiety.
Physically active people also often experience enhanced self-confidence and improved self-image. There is also evidence that participation in sport improves concentration and mental functioning.
Importance of Physical Education
Experts around the world have concluded that physical education is a critical component of a child’s overall education. It can improve body awareness and help a child develop healthy habits at an early age. There is also evidence that
participation in physical education improves concentration and performance in academic courses.
Awareness Raising and Education
One of the most common uses of sport in the development arena is as a forum for conveying educational, public health, safety, environmental, or other messages. Sport may also be used to foster individual development and learning. Sports events may act as a magnet, drawing in people who can then be engaged in education sessions before or after an event.
List of sports events organized in our institute
Following are the sports events we organized in every academic calendar year at intra-class and intercollegiate levels for both boys and girls.
Usually we give all the students an opportunity to plan and execute all the plans to organize the sports activities successfully. Following are the objectives to do so:
- To encourage students to exhibit they their capabilities, skills.
- To boost leadership skills.
- To make them feel the importance of cohesivity in the team while working together to achieve their goals.
- To give platform to students to show their hidden talents.
- To give platform to test their abilities to handle difficult situations, handling pressure situations, tackling difficult situations, decision making, analyzing tricky situations etc.
- All the students were encouraged and have excelled and enjoyed all the responsibilities delegated very successfully and conducted all the events as anticipated.
- The leadership aspects of many leaders from all the classes were at stake and students have exhibited their best for the smooth and successful conduct of sports activities planned for the academic year 2009-10.
- All the classes participated in a very united style with a very cohesively bonded spirit in order to win overall championship trophy.
- All the students have excelled to their best to win the event. Means that students have utilized the platform given to their best of the abilities.
- The leaders from all the classes have tackled the difficult situations very rightly. Done well in pressure situations, shown best of their cool minds in taking right decisions in tricky and sensitive conditions during the play. In all we could observe the achievement of the objectives set forth with the aim of overall multicentric personality development of the students
Objectives:- To inculcate a habit of sportsmanship and importance of discipline and punctuality and also to improve working in a team and learn to handle tricky situations thereby building up decision making ability sport event arranged every year. This helps students not only to keep their physic fit but also makes their minds strong. Committee members are selected from every class.
Sports Committee 2015-2016
|Student Co-ordinators Name||Designation||Class|
|Mr. Rutuj oswal
Ms. Chandni dhule
|Sports Secretary||Final Year B. Pharm|
|Mr. Suraj Kundekar
Ms. Shubhangi Thool
|Sports Treasurer||Final Year B. Pharm|
|Mr. Pavan Mugale
Ms. Madhuri Rathi
|Indoor Incharge||Final Year B. Pharm|
|Mr. Akshay Oswal
Ms. Swapna Gugale
|Out- door Incharge||Final Year B. Pharm|
|Mr. Chaitanya saindore
Ms. Isha munde
|Cricket Incharge||Final Year B. Pharm|
|Mr. Chandrashekhar regude||Volley ball Incharge||Final Year B. Pharm|
|Ms. Vaishali shewale||Mehandi Incharge||Final Year B. Pharm|
|Mr. Urvish khandelwal
Ms. Madhura gadare
|Basket Ball Incharge||Final Year B. Pharm|
|Ms. Sayali Ethape||Throw ball Incharge||Final Year B.Pharm.|
|Mr. Sudeep bhalekar
Ms. Ankita amangi
|Table Tennis Incharge||Final Year B.Pharm.|
|Mr. Hemant patil
Ms. Sonali ladkat
|Carrom Incharge||Final Year B.Pharm.|
|Mr. Urvish khandelwal
Ms. Pooja shah
|Badminton Incharge||Final Year B.Pharm.|
| Mr.Vaibhav kalokhe
Ms. Pooja mungi
|Chess Incharge||Final Year B.Pharm.|
|Mr. Tejas bhosale
Ms. Priyanka raut
|Arm wrestling Incharge||Final Year B.Pharm.|
|Mr. Tapan khandelwal
Ms. Diksha gugale
|Handwriting Incharge||Final Year B.Pharm.|
|Ms. Rasika thakre||Flower Arrangement Incharge||Final Year B.Pharm.|
|Ms. Tejas bhosale
Ms. Namita nair
|Collage Incharge||Final Year B.Pharm.|
|Mr. Milind balchim
Ms. Sharwari mauskar
|Athletics||Final Year B.Pharm.|
|Ms. Akshda pednekar||Rangoli Incharge||Final Year B.Pharm.|
|Mr. Hemant patil||Final Year B.Pharm.|
|Mr. Tejas bhosale||Final Year B.Pharm.|
|Mr. Aashish bothra||Final Year B.Pharm.|
|Mr. Nitesh sahu||Final Year B.Pharm.|
|Ms. Priyanka raut||Final Year B.Pharm.|
|Ms. Isha munde||Final Year B.Pharm.|
|Ms. Shagufta sheikh||Final Year B.Pharm.|
|Ms. Ankita mole||Final Year B.Pharm.|
Member- Sports Committee
Dr. Shashikant V. Bhandari
Incharge- Sports Committee