Pharmacology is the study of drugs, their nature, properties & effect on living systems. The Pharmacology Department is well equipped at par with other six departments and has proved to be an asset to this institute. This department comprises of two laboratories, each 1000 sq. ft for undergraduates & one laboratory, 750 sq. feet, for post graduate research work. In addition, there is a separate store cum preparation room aiding the routine practical work. The department is provided with round the clock Internet connection to facilitate departmental work and also a state of the art instrument lab. Also, a separate CPCSEA approved spacious animal house, is another asset wherein breeding and housing of experimental animals as per standard guidelines is followed.
Department of Pharmacology offers M. Pharm which is approved by AICTE, DTE and affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University. To cater the opportunity in the field of Pharmacological research the department carries all kind of researches in broad areas of preclinical pharmacology and toxicological research. Department has well updated library with well equipped laboratories with cost 50 Lakh having digital sophisticated instruments, software etc. Department has well qualified faculty which are dedicated to academic and research.
- Tina Saldana, M. Pharm, Ph.D. Experience: 07 Years, Expertise in Preclinical pharmacology research, published more than 10 publications.
- Sachin V. Tembhurne, M. Pharm, Ph.D. Experience: 11 Years, Expertise in Preclinical pharmacology research, published more than 45 publication and 04 Books by repute publishers
- Swati U. Kolhe, M. Pharm, Experience: 10 Years, Expertise in Preclinical pharmacology research, published more than 12 publications
- Rucha Kulkarni, M. Pharm, Experience: 05 Years, Expertise in Preclinical pharmacology research, published more than 04 publications
- Mr. Tekawade D. S. (Laboratory Assistant)
- Mr. Tanaji Umratkar (Animal House Keeper)
|Facility Available in Department||Research Expertise in Department|
Department provides services in various preclinical areas such as Neuropharmacological, diabetes and metabolic disorders, toxicological studies etc.