Library is located on third floor of the institute. There are separate sections in available in library such as Administrator and book issue section, reading section, reference section, journal section, E-Library.
All the books are segregated subject wise and shelved in the properly labeled cupboards. All the books are given accession number. The reference books and boos for issue-return are stored separately.
The latest volumes and issues of the subscribed journals are displayed in library in journals section. Old volumes and issues of the hard copy of the journals are hard bound every year and labeled and the separate register is maintained for the tracking, issues and return record.
Library is well stocked with books, titles and journals as well as electronic resources such as e-journals from INFLIBNET N-List for use of students and faculty. Library has also institutional membership with Jayakar Library and British Council Library Pune for referring the library services. Library has also provided book bank, reprographic facility to all users.
The Librarian always inspire and motivate students and staff to join the national knowledge network by way registration on National Digital Library (https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in/) to get access to a very vast and variety of digitized information and literature.
Library Resources :
The library has a very good collection of books; periodicals and journals related to pharmacy and allied sciences. It has two sections that is reference and issue section. At present library has books worth Rs. 97 Lakhs which includes valuable titles from the various subjects like Quality assurance, Pharmaceutics and Pharmaco-kinetics, Medicinal chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical chemistry (Inorganic & Organic), Biochemistry, BioTechnology, Microbiology, Molecular biology, Pharmacognosy, Pharmacology, Pathology, Anatomy &Physiology, Physical Pharmacy. Along with traditional subjects, we have few selected titles on Gene cloning, AIDS & HIV, Chemotherapy, cosmetics etc. from well known Indian as well as foreign publishers. Journals (hard copy) and e-journals subscribed every year are as per the directives of AICTE.
Department / Subject Wise Books & Volumes For B. Pharm (UG Course)
|SUBJECT||NO. OF TITLES|
Department / Subject Wise Books & Volumes For M. Pharm (PG Course)
|Subject||No. of Titles|
|QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNIQUES||94|
Library Services : In order to satisfy the user needs the library provides the following services.
01. Computerized Library : Library is equipped with library automation software. It provides facility of online book search” title or author wise”. The cataloging & monitoring of issue -return is important feature.
02. Reference Service : This section is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. except on Saturday & Sundays. It has a copy of all the books procured by the library and it is for use within the library only.
03. Borrowing Service : This section has a collection of all the textbooks and back volumes of periodicals. They are issued out of the library for a period of five days. The section is open from 8.30 a.m. to 4.45p.m.
04. Reprographic Service : Photocopying services (Xerox) are provided on payment of Rs 1 per page.
05. Institutional membership of British Council Library,Pune and Jayakar library at Savitribai phule Pune University.
06. Subscription of e-books and e-journals from N-LIST by INFLIBNET.
|Dr. M. C. Damle (Library Incharge)||Mrs. S. P. Jadhav (Librarian)|
|Dr. T. S. Chitre (Library Member)||Mrs. M. M. Joshi (Asst. Librarian)|
|Mrs. V. N. Wable (Library Member)||Mr. Gajanan Subakade (Peon)|
|Issuing Section||Reference Section|